Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The opening ceremony

I'm sitting on the bus, having just been to my 4th Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. The importance, the significance, the drive and passion are still as strong as ever.
Well done Glasgow 2014 for putting on a spectacular show, for making us all feel welcome, for making the march to the stadium as slick as possible. Thank you!
Was especially fab to meet up with Sheree, my wife to be (in 30 days!!) at the end of the ceremony. I'll have to get the "selfie" from her phone at some point tomorrow ;-)
It would appear the cameras were brave and showed me waving! Fabulous! That was me waving to you. My family, my friends, my supporters, my sponsors, to those who read this and wish me well. Thank you all.

Dave :-D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hiya lovely, i saw you on the telly! :-) you all looked fab! We are al here surporting you lovely! Dad and i carnt wait to be up there with you seeing you compete! All the best lovely! Xxx