Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another day, another match!

Well let's face it, today was not my best, by so far its untrue.
Sport is so frustrating, one day its all fine and going well, you can hardly put a shot wrongly, and then boom! All of a sudden the momentum that had been building the last 10 days stops and back tracks. Training has been going so well. Comfortable in position and with my abilities, a certain amount of belief was back, the knowledge that the shot would where it was meant to! The 10 ring! Grrr.
I know its not gone, its there lurking under there surface, waiting and so desperately wanting to return the open and show itself, my true self, the form I know I am capable of showing. At least writing these words I confirm at least 1 thing in my mind:
I want it so badly!
The success, the feeling of a good performance, of a great performance, of knowing my score before having to look, of being a champion.
We shall see how tomorrow goes and I promise this: I'll be doing the best I can and giving it all that I can.

It's been a strange 4 years, I wonder how the next 4 will stack up over time.

This is not my last blog post (maybe as current champion), but I do want to thank people for their support and love.
Thank you mum and dad, in many more ways than one I would not be here now or have achieved the things I have without you.
My sister hari, thank you for being there and putting up with me, and john, my official beer tester and surrogate drinker ;)
My fiance sheree, thank you also for putting up with my highs and lows, supporting me and being there in so many ways for me. My wtb :)
Thank to all my other family, adopted, co opted, arm twisted, bribed and everything else. Without my friends who put up with me and my ways I would truly lost - thank you.

Once again, enough talk, time for sleep and then more purposeful action in the morning.

Dave x

Ps. Which side of the force do you think I should go for? Or is better? :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya lovely, You nearly made me cry reading that!!! I may not be there in body but i'am always with in spirit!! I know you have it in there somewhere, just keep ur mind on the job and don't think about anythings else but getting those 10's!!!!! You had alot of 10's this morning and i believe in u with all my heart and soul!!! You always do ur best and thats all u and we can ask of u!!! OK!!!! I did my good luck dance for u in hydro tonight for u!! LOL!! U r a jedi night for me!! (but it depends on what u use the other for??) Love u loads hari xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hiya mate, U can do it!!! Today is not a big deal look forward to tom!!! The main thing is ur out there!!
Jedi night but same as hari with the sixth lord!!!
Colin

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tom!! Keep a clear head and focused on that x ring!!! I'm behind u all the way no matter what!! Just believe in ur self!!!
Lots of love mum xxx

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!! Use the force!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, You don't know half of the "ladies of a certain age" rooting for you!!Put today behind you, it's done. Just look to tomorrow, you've got IT, just chill and let it happen. Big hugs, One of your mum's stitching mates, Lindseymary

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave.
Where is a picture of your starwars lunch box that mum said you had taken with you? Sylvia
Ps. will be seeing your mum in sewing group tomorrow, any message?